Ah, how powerful and life-changing certain ideas can be.
Here are some of the people whose work I find extremely valuable. I always talk about them, I always quote them, and although they’re very much known already, I do want to list them here. It’s like a silent ‘Thank You” they will never hear (oh well).
- Buddhist psychology: be mindful, be kind
- Jack Kornfield: be mindful, be kind
- Brené Brown: be brave, authentic, and lead with empathy
- Brendon Burchard: freakin’ do it! (but actually, plan it carefully and execute with joy)
- Democracy Now!: question power structures
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): change your focus, change your life
- Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP): change your focus, change your life
- Wim Hof: be the captain of your ship (and take those cold showers)
- Rick Hanson: be mindful, be kind
- Tara Brach: be mindful, be kind
- Glennon Doyle: get untamed!
- Elizabeth Gilbert: have an affair with your creativity, and don’t let the fear drive
- Seth Godin: commit to your creative projects, detach yourself from the outcome
- Mel Robbins: freakin’ do it!
- Tony Robbins (c’mon): Tony-freakin’-Robbins